Service- Service Hours
In the sixth grade, youth begin to be accountable for serving others as part of their Catholic commitment. That said, giving of oneself is not restricted to an assignment during Christian Formation — it is a lifelong endeavor!
The Christian Formation program requires:
- Middle School youth to complete 5 hours of service per year and
- High School youth to complete 10 hours of service per year.
Youth are to complete service in these three areas:
- Service within Liturgy
- Service within Parish Life
- Service within the Community
Confirmation candidates (usually grade 11) are required to serve in a liturgical role for the year. Youth in younger grades can do this as well – but they will also have opportunities for liturgical service at a Sunday Mass served by their class.
Please use the Service and Retreat Log to record the ways that you have served.
If you are unsure about an activity, talk to a Christian Formation staff person. The biggest criteria is giving of yourself without pay for the service of others to make a difference in our community.
Ongoing Service Opportunities
See the Service Sign Up – MS and HS.
New Service Opportunities
- Music Sorting and Filing – Our Director of Liturgy and Music, Brian McLinden, needs some helpers to sort and file music. Depending on your interest, this could be a one time deal or an ongoing project. Can be done on your schedule and with friends. RSVP to Brian at email@example.com or (262) 691-1535 x103.
Check back often for updates!