Sunday Reflection Questions
Food for Meditation - Reflection Questions from Sunday
May 15, 2016 - Pentecost - Cycle C
- What would it be like to feel the breath of the risen Jesus on our bodies today?
- How might the Holy Spirit physically manifest itself in you?
- We are all sent - what is your mission?
May 8, 2016 - Ascension - Cycle C
- In looking at your own life, what event was pivotal: being an ending and beginning at the same time?
- How does the Ascension give value and meaning to your life?
- What has the Body of Christ been up to in your life lately?
May 1, 2016 - 6th Sunday of Easter - Cycle C
- Why do you think Jesus didn't leave more specific answers to all of our questions?
- Why do you think Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as the "Advocate" in today's Gospel?
- How do we discern what is changeable in order that we can remain faithful to the unchangeable mission of the Church?
April 17, 2015 - 4th Sunday of Easter - Cycle C
- What gives you joy? Is it based on outside circumstances or on a deeper reality not dependent on what happens in the outside world?
- How would you describe your own experience of:
- Hearing the voice of the Good Shepherd?
- Being held in the hand of the Good Shepherd?
- Being held in the hand of the Father?
March 13, 2016 - 5th Sunday of Lent - Cycle C
- Why might today's Gospel be a bit scandalous?
- The Word of God today invites us to a new start. What might that mean in your life?
- Would the Gospel story lose any of its power if the woman DID sin again?
March 6, 2016 - 4th Sunday of Lent - Cycle C
- What are the obstacles preventing your life from being more joyful?
- What joy are you depriving yourself of?
- How have you experienced the difference between joy and pleasure?
February 28, 2016 - 3rd Sunday of Lent - Cycle C
- Have you ever interpreted someone else’s sickness or death as a punishment from God?
- In what way are you complacent in your spiritual life?
- If you knew this was your last day of earthly life, how would you repent?
February 21, 2016 - 2nd Sunday of Lent - Cycle C
- When and where have you had an experience of the Glory of God?
- How were you transformed by the experience?
- How might you make yourself more available to experiencing God?
February 14, 2016 - 1st Sunday of Lent - Cycle C
- How are you tempted "to live on bread alone"?
- How are you tempted to worship something or someone other than the Lord, your God?
- How are you tempted "to put the Lord, your God, to the test"?
January 31, 2016 - 4th Sunday in Ordinary Time - Cycle C
- How might we reflect on the proverb, "charity begins at home" in light of Jesus' dismissal of the proverb, "Physician, cure yourself"?
- As a parish, how do we balance ministry to our own parishioners with the call to reach out beyond our comfort zone and welcome the stranger?
January 24, 2016 - 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time Cycle C
It can be said that there are two ways of understanding our lives as a vocation, or a call from God:
You have a transcendent experience of God speaking to you, a revelations, that over time you work out and explore until your life's path is clear. (See today's Gospel)
You look at your life up to this moment, examining what gives joy, service to others, and challenges that have enriched your life, and see how God has been part of your calling all along.
Which of these are closer to your own experience?